Wednesday 26 January 2011

Record Company Logos

BareFoot Records

In today's lesson we are looking at record companies logos, we have used the Internet to either look for a specific logo we know or searched for a random record companies logo. The first logo I found which stood out to me was BAREFOOT Records, BAREFOOT records was set up in 2006 by Hakon Berre and his friend Ole Jonas Storli who live in Denmark. The record company was set up so they could release: Trios Barefoot's debut-CD, but then went on to releasing 10 more records from 2006 to 2009. The record label is built up as a democratic company, so all the musicians involved help out promoting each other. This works really well for the record company as it costs less with everyone helping promote each other, which means they don't need a big budget. 
This logo caught my eye as it's simple and connects with the name of the record company.


Cordless Recordings
Cordless recordings is actually owned by Warner Music Group, the label was founded by Jak Holzman who also founded Electra Records and Nonesuch Records. In 2007 Warner Music Group's Rykodisc formed an alliance with Cordless Recordings, the alliance was meant to make Rykodisk more popular in the digital media space. I picked this logo as I think it's a clever design, it's the symbol for: ON. Like on a laptop/computer, mobile phones and game consoles, but they have rotated it 90 degree's clockwise. They haven't used too many colours which I think makes it effective. 


Transmission



Transmission is an independent record label it was set up by a British progressive rock band called Porcupine Tree in 2003. It's based in Stockholm in Sweden. I found this logo on Google images, and when I clicked on the picture to go to the link it didn't take me to the record label website it took me to a blog where I found out that it's the name of the band on the logo. I think the logo stands out and would make you look twice at it, if you look closely the porcupine is wearing headphones it looks like, but it also looks like and upside down magnifying glass. I also think it works well in black and white and wouldn't look as good in colour, it also relates to the band.

My Logo


This is my logo I created using Photoshop. I used a grey background so that the image would stand out more, and i used a spider web brush to create the spider web, when I first used the brush it was very faint and you couldn't see it properly so I just overlayed the same brush to make it stand out more. The spider is a brush as well and I had to do the same as it was quite faint but i didn't have to overlay it as many times only about 3 I think. I think that my logo will stand out and people would be interested in it.






No comments:

Post a Comment