Wednesday 3 November 2010

Minimalist Film Poster

The film I have chosen to make a minimalist film poster on is Monsters Inc. This is a Disney Pixar Production, that was released in February 2002. This is a great film which is suitable for all ages I think. The aim of this exercise was to help us get to grips with using photoshop. Photoshop is a very confusing but a very fun program to work with as you can practically do/create anything you want. 
We first started drafting our poster on A4 plain paper, my idea was to have the little girl's (Boo's) teddy and then to have the title below it, I got a picture of the teddy and I couldn't use photoshop to do the right thing.

That idea was a complete fail so I had to come up with another one quick.
This is my film poster for Monsters Inc.


I took the idea of the eye with the M and an eye in the middle as i think it's very important and a lot of people recognise the image, it's the logo of the company the monsters work for so you see it very often in the film. it's quite jagged around the edge but i think it gives it character, I used big bold writing, which is called Gill Sans Ultra Bold. I used a light blue for the colouring of the writing as I think it refers to the film. The background is black but Steve said it looks good when you put a image behind the back ground for example a old looking piece of paper or something and making the black background transparent so it makes it look more effective. I am really please with the outcome and look forward to doing more on Photoshop

This is the cover for the DVD of Monster Inc;



No comments:

Post a Comment