Friday 17 September 2010

Opie Style Pictures.



My Attempt.
|
|
|


In lesson we used photoshop to create a Julian Opie styled picture of ourselves. First we took a picture of ourselves using the laptops or picked a picture from facebook to use to create the affect. We then had to use   the pen tool to create paths, the paths allowed us to cut out bits of the image, not properly cut them out it just put a line around it and it allowed us to work on separate bits of the image.
Watching Nick do it on the white board it looked really easy to do, but when it came to our turn to try it out, it was frustrating and irritating. Using the paths you had to try your best to get it where you wanted as you would have to go back and try to do it again, I felt like giving up many times, but knew I could complete it, it would just take a bit of time. Everything went really well until i tried to add more detail into my hair as it looked boring a just a block of colour. In order to add more detail I had to create more paths, the paths I made in my hair didn't look right and i ended up getting very agitated, I then decided to only add a little bit of detail and to leave the rest. I really enjoyed the lesson and how my final image turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment