Tuesday 8 February 2011

Digipack

 Alternative Rock Band Album Covers

To plan for my digipack I thought I would look at some other alternative rock album covers/digipacks. A lot of the album covers are quite random, a lot of the albums use dark, dingy colours, but then some use album covers use bright, inviting colours. I think Blur's album cover is the most effective and I think it relates/connects to the bands name, it's a blurred picture of someone pushing a hospital bed through the corridor. 

For my digipak I had the idea of using silhouette brushes on photoshop, but Dave saidit would look better if I made the silhouette myself, so I asked Alex and Sophie if they would let me take some pictures of them doing dancing positions, they agreed and i started thinking about what positions I should use. After I had took the photo's I had to import them onto the laptop through iPhoto, I then opened the best picture into Photoshop. I used the pen tool to draw around the outline of Alex's and Sophie's bodies, it took a while and was very stressful, but I finished the outline eventually. I then filled the outline in white and the background black.

To help pick the font I wanted to use on my digipak I used photoshop and opened a new document, I then filled the background with black like my digipak's background, and looked through some of the fonts, I then wrote the name of the band and then choose the next font and done the same untill i had filled a page with different fonts. I then picked my favourite and have used it for my digipak.



For the back of my digipak I wanted to use another silhouette but of sophie sitting against a wall, so I went back to using photoshop and the pen tool too cut out the shape of sophie's body which was extremely tricky. Overall I think my silhouette's turned out really well and i'm very proud of them.




No comments:

Post a Comment